Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 April 2012

Singing in the Dark

Today, the G&S Choir sang at Golf's Steakhouse.  During my solo, the power went out.  Jan and I put together this song, to be sung to the tune of "Singing in the Rain".


I was singing my refrain,
Just singing my refrain,
What a glorious feeling,
But the lights didn’t remain.
We were singing for crowds,
But it got dark up above,
The sun’s in my heart
But my song got the shove.
The gloom didn’t chase
Everyone from the place
I’m glad you couldn’t see 
All the panic on my face.
The guitar couldn’t strum
The piano wouldn’t hum
What a glorious feeling
To be backed up by a drum.
I’m singing my refrain,
Just singing my refrain,
We blocked all the exits
So the crowd would remain.
It’s so dark on the stage
That we can’t see the page
So we're singing, singing….
A capella!!



1 comment:

  1. What a stressful ending to something that I am sure was suppose to be a fun experience! Jan said you sounded magnificent and did not even need the backup music. I will go to YouTube and listen to the song! See you this week. Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete